Aquatic Ecology Surveys
With our team of experts in freshwater research, we provide specialist services in Aquatic Ecology Surveys of vertebrate including platypus, fish and freshwater turtles. RedLeaf Environmental has all of the necessary permits and ethics approvals to operate siene nets, fyke nets, cathedral turtle traps and are trained in all aspects of freshwater turtle and fish research.
You can have confidence in our lead aquatic scientist, Dr Darren Fielder, who has years of experience and specialist skills in aquatic survey assessments. Dr Fielder has undertaken aquatic survey assessments in numerous river catchments of Queensland (Fitzroy River Basin, Burnett, Mary, Brisbane, Logan, Albert, Bremer Rivers) and NSW (Namoi, Gwydir, Seven, Deep Water Creek, Bellinger, Manning). He has also conducted extensive research in the Condamine-Balonne, Border Rivers, Moonie, Nebine, Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Coopers Creek Catchments.
We can assist you with:
- Freshwater turtle surveys and research.
- Fish surveys - esturine and freshwater.
- Platypus surveys.
- Aquatic habitat assessment and restoration.
- Species Management Programs
- Waterway health monitoring.
- Turtle ways (like fishways, but for turtles).
- Aquatic clearances for infrastructure development (e.g., bridge construction).